This course is for
OSI’s online Trails Overview is intended to introduce students to fundamental concepts of trail construction and maintenance. The online course covers the importance of trail planning and development, trail sustainability, terminology and anatomy, and introduces concepts related to basic trail construction and maintenance.
The course can be taken on it’s own to provide an introduction to trails and can be paired with OSI’s online Guide to Crew Leadership and further field training for Crew Leadership for Trails certification.
By the time the course concludes, students will be able to:
- Identify the basic concepts of trail development and planning
- Identify basic concepts of trail anatomy and terminology
- Differentiate between trail layout techniques
- Identify the six steps of trail construction
- Understand priorities in trail maintenance
- Understand basic trail maintenance tasks and techniques