This course is for
The OSI Rock Skills course gives students an overview of the process and practice of “dry stone masonry” and how rock sourced in the field can be used to create long lasting trail structures, including steps and retaining walls. Though the course is intended to be paired with further field training, it can also be used as stand-alone overview of rock work.
By the time the course concludes, students will be able to:
- Understand fundamental safety procedure for working with rock
- Know the basic techniques required to set rock
- Know the basics of safely transporting rock
- Identify the components and process for construction of rock steps
- Identify the components and process for construction of rock walls
You may not copy, modify, adapt, translate into any language, distribute, or create derivative works based on the Licensed Content without the prior written consent of VOC. You agree to take all reasonable steps to protect the Licensed Content from unauthorized copying or use. For more information, visit our terms and conditions page.